Stay at the Backyard in Austria’s world famous Zillertal Valley for two nights, design your own dream powder board/ski/splitboard, shape it and then shred it in some of Austria’s finest backcountry spots. The Blank Plank Weekender is your chance to learn a little about shaping and give it a shot yourself with a handful of like-minded powder fanatics!
We’ll start the weekend at 6pm on Friday evening with a presentation about ski and snowboard geometry with Amplid’s CEO, Peter Bauer, in the Backyard’s cosy stuben. Then wooden surfboard shaper Mirko Stränger, from Proyecto Sandez (www.proyectosandez.com) will talk about the concepts involved in surfboard shaping and how these concepts can be adapted to ski and snowboard design.
On Saturday a full day workshop will enable you to handcraft you own shred from one of Amplid’s Blank Planks with help from Peter and the Amplid team. All the sundries and tools you’ll need will be provided. The day will end with one of the Backyard’s legendary Argentine Asados (that’s one hell of a BBQ in case you were wondering), beers and the Hot Tub will be fired-up too. Sunday is all about putting your new shred design through its paces in some of Austria’s best, secret backcountry spots.
Staying at the Backyard is a back-to-basics deal which means hostel style dorm beds and shared bathrooms. For couples and good friends a handful of double rooms are available on request, but single person occupancy isn’t available due to the limited number of beds. In total there are ten places available to the public which means if you want to come you better book immediately! Food on both nights at the backyard is inclusive as is a wholesome breakfast to kick-start your day in the best possible way.
If you’re an advanced to expert level rider and you’ve always dreamed about designing and building your very own powder shred this is a weekend event that you don’t want to miss!!! Availability is limited to ten places and will be sold on a first come first basis.
Pricing for the event is dependent on the shred you want to shape:
Snowboard = 390Eur
Ski = 430Eur
Splitboard = 480Eur*
* Splitboard doesn’t include connector clips or pucks, contact email@example.com to order these in advance of the weekend.
- Your choice of Blank Plank snowboard/ski/splitboard
- Shaping seminar with Peter Bauer & Mirko Stränger
- Cutting and finishing workshop, including the use of tools and sundries
- 2 nights accommodation at the Backyard (double rooms available on request)
- A hearty Backyard breakfast each morning
- Homemade Pizzas on Friday evening
- Argentinian BBQ & Backyard hot-tub on Saturday evening
- Guiding on Sunday
What isn’t included:
- Lift pass
- Ski/snowboard/ splitboard bindings and splitboard hardware
- Transport to and from the Backyard
- Lunch on Saturday or Sunday
- Any soft drinks or alcohol, it’s a bring your own affair
- Powder... we can't guarantee the white stuff
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding availability and booking.
Find-out more about Backyard by visiting www.backyardaustria.com
Discover the products and learn more about the Blank Plank collection here