2 YEAR WARRANTY
Privacy Information: Subject information shared with Amplid during the warranty claim process is used for the sole purpose of resolving claims. Amplid keeps a record of all warranty claims for a period of two years to prevent fraudulent claims. Anonymised warranty information including claimants’ product/damage photos and original explanations are kept indefinitely to provide precedent for future resolution and staff training purposes.
Valid for all products purchased after Sept 1st, 2016: NEW - Amplid warrants all products sold by Amplid to be free of defects in material or workmanship for a period of 2 (two) years from the date of purchase unless otherwise specified on the product. For all purchases made before Sept 2016: The previous warranty rule of 1 (one) year applies. If a product is found to be defective by Amplid, in its sole discretion, Amplid's only responsibility shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product. Amplid will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss or use of product. Amplid dealers are not authorized to make warranty evaluations and we are not bound by any statements made by such dealers.
How does it work?
1. Check the checklist, check it well !
2. If all points apply, fill in the Amplid warranty form and e-mail it to us BEFORE turning in your shred stick.
3. We endeavour to establish first contact after receiving a warranty claim within 47 hours. If the information provided with the claim submission is comprehensive we will advise you at this point whether the damage is covered by Amplid's warranty. If further information or images are required at this point we will notify you.
BEFORE YOU CLAIM WARRANTY, HERE IS OUR WARRANTY CHECKLIST FOR SKIS AND SNOWBOARDS:
- Check the validity of the damage/claim.
- Did you purchase the product in the last 24 months?
- Did you purchase the product from an authorized Amplid dealer?
- Did you keep your receipt ?
- Did the damage result from defective materials or workmanship?
- Did the damage result from impact, abuse, contact with non-snow-objects, negligence, or reactions to heat, solvents, or harsh detergents?
SKI & SNOWBOARD GUIDELINES
What is covered:
- Structural fractures on fiberglass top sheet, base, core, edge, sidewall and inserts, which are NOT the result of an impact or crash, but are caused by faulty materials or manufacturing. Breakage in the tip and tail area outside of the contact points caused by physical overload do NOT qualify for warranty replacement.
- Delamination of top sheet, base, sidewall, edge, tip and tail (without physical impact visible) caused by the premature degradation of materials or adhesives. Amplid’s warranty does not cover delamination caused by poor maintenance and neglect e.g. underlying water damage.
- Spinning or stripped inserts. (Note: Inserts that are stripped due to improper mounting are repairable, but are not considered a material flaw.).
Please read carefully through our warranty program - if this all applies, you will find a warranty form at the bottom of this page:
This warranty is subject to the following limitations in addition to any imposed by virtue of applicable law.
1. The warranty applies only to Amplid products purchased from Authorized Amplid Dealers and is valid for the original purchaser only.
2. Warranty claims are to be made through the Authorized Amplid dealer where purchased. All products returned to Amplid for warranty inspection must receive prior return authorization, which can be given over the phone. Ship products freight prepaid and insured by sender. Amplid assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Shipping charges are not refundable.
3. Excluded from coverage under this warranty are the following:
- Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Impact damage caused by rocks, stumps, rails, boxes, dry-slopes or any other contact with a surface different than snow.
- Cosmetic issues including top sheet dents or loss of cosmetic non-functional applications, scratches or chips, sun-faded graphics, and edge oxidation or rust.
- Damage caused by improper mounting or adjustment of the bindings, including the use of incorrect mounting hardware, base dimples in the base as a result of improper mounting or binding mountings pulling out of the ski/board, and binding pull outs themselves.
- Damage caused from chairlift breakage.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship.
- Damage caused by use of solvents, adhesives or LOC-TITE® or similar glues.
- Damage to Amplid products caused by non-Amplid products.
- Any and all claims for consequential or incidental damages
4. All coverage under this warranty is void if any modification, change or alteration has been made to the product that is not specifically authorized in writing by Amplid.
5. Repaired or replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original warranty only.
6. All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original purchase receipt from an Authorized Amplid Dealer. Invoice or charge receipt must clearly identify the dealer.
7. Amplid product is not covered by any verbal warranties.
Rock damage and any other impact related damage is not covered under this warranty. All warranties implied by federal law, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby limited to the duration of the written warranty. Some countries do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. With the exception of any warranties implied by state law as hereby limited, the foregoing express limited warranty is exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, guarantees, agreements and similar obligations of manufacturer or seller. This warranty gives you specific legal rights which vary from country to country.
8. Customers are responsible for shipping charges to Amplid. The claim will be handled in one of the following ways:
- If the returned product is within the valid warranty period of one year and judged by Amplid to be defective, Amplid will repair or replace the product. The warranty remains valid on repaired and replaced items for the balance of one year from the original purchase date.
- If the problem is determined to be not covered under warranty but can be repaired, we will call with a quote, and to get authorization to proceed with the repair.
- If the problem is not covered under warranty nor repairable, the product will be returned as is on customer expenses.
- Street addresses are required. We cannot return ship to a PO Box.
For Spark R&D Splitboard Bindings:
For warranty and sparepart related inquiries please contact Spark R&D directly for fastest help:
For Amplid Snowboardbindings:
What is covered:
- Breakage and/or cracking of any parts, not due to misuse, abuse, neglect, impact, or the use of resins and/or solvents.
What is not covered:
- Breakage caused by any type of binding modification not authorized by Amplid.
- Material breakdown caused by the use of solvents or resins such as LOC-TITE®.
- Breakage caused by chair lifts
- Any damage caused by the use of non-spec hardware. PROPER ADJUSTMENT = PERFORMANCE.
- Not every binding fits every boot right out of the box. That's why we make everything fully adjustable. Significant damage, not to mention rider frustration, can result if people don't understand how things work on a binding, and what their adjustment options are. The instruction manual is an important part of understanding how to customize and enhance the performance of the binding, we encourage customers to read it and recommend that you contact Amplid directly if anything is unclear.
- Any and all claims for consequential or incidental damages
- Receipts which confirm the date of purchase are obligatory.
- B-Quality, close-out products or products purchased 2nd hand are not covered.
Tips For Shipping Boards/Skis
- Remove bindings from board/ski before returning.
- Please use a box intended for shipping boards or skis. Plastic wrap will not protect the board/ski in transit and the resulting damage is not Amplid's responsibility.
- Do not use a "permanent" marker to point out a board's or ski’s problem.
BEFORE SENDING US YOUR DAMAGED PRODUCT, PLEASE TRY TO MINIMIZE YOUR CO2-FOOTPRINT AND GO THE ELECTRONIC WAY FIRST BY COMPILING OUR WARRANTY FORM (DOWNLOAD HERE) AND MAIL IT TO warranty (at) amplid.com – ONLY COMPLETE FORMS CAN BE ACCEPTED. IMPORTANT: FILE MUST NOT EXCEED 1 MB.
August 2018, Warranty details subject to change.