In 2009 and 2011 I spent the month of May splitboarding with friends on Norway’s Lyngen Alps. I was impressed by the landscape, the unspoiled nature and the Scaninavian solitude. I have worked for 18 years in the tourism industry, I have 14 snowboarding seasons under my belt and five savage years in the Backyard, and I’m now a state-licenced snowboard guide. With all this experience, I’ve come to believe that there are probably other touring fans, like me, that would love the incredible Lyngen Alps and would relish the opportunity to take a few tours, hit the sauna, enjoy camp fires and grill freshly-caught fish. Just the combination of Scandinavia’s endless daylight, fjords and mountains, which rise directly from the water, I find unbelievable and I invite you to enjoy this experience with me.
This year, 2017, will be a pilot project, with scouting missions and exploration in the Lyngen Alps. I know some tours, but this year especially, I plan to discover new territory and develop new routes. As your guide, I am responsible for safety and planning during the splitboard tours, but I will consider the experience of everybody involved and we will jointly plan tours. If you are interested in joining me, please let me know as soon as possible, as this would simplify the entire planning process. There are very limited places available. If you get this mail and you know someone who is comfortable touring over a 1000 vertical per day with a pack, you can gladly bring him/her along.
"I will do my absolute best to fulfil the services promised to you" and I'm looking forward to it, Jürgen
Trip 1: 1 May 2017 - 6 May 2017 – Still spots available
Trip 2: 6 May 2017 - 13 May 2017 – Fully Booked
Guide to Client ratio: 1/6
What I will provide:
- An unforgettable splitboard adventure in the Lyngen Alps, Norway.
- Basecamp on the fjord from where we start the Summit to Sea tours.
- 2 days of transfers by boat - over the fjord - directly to the start of each tour.
- 2 days with shuttle bus - directly to the start of the tour.
- 4 days guided tours by state-approved snowboarders.
- Approx. 800 to 1300 vertical meters of touring each day per day ascent, everybody that should be capable of this .
- 5 days’ accommodation in typical Norwegian wood cabins. (2-4 beds/room).
- 5 days’ breakfast with lunch pack and tea.
- 5 days’ dinner, fresh fish, BBQ, plentiful enough for everybody involved.
- Camp fire. Sauna and Hot Tub. The possibility to fish.
Saturday is the arrival and departure day - please take care of your own flight to TROMSO. From the airport in Tromso you will be picked up and taken to Basecamp. Everything is organized. You do not need a rental car. On Saturday, you will be driven back to Tromso airport.
Pilot trip price 2017: 700 euros
If you would like to join me on this expedition, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com